Google ads is an advertising platform that allows advertisers to display their ads and pay per every click (PPC). Businesses pay to get their adverts ranked on top of the google search results using specific targeted keywords. It works like an auction where you bid for clicks and pay only when a visitor clicks your advert. In this model of marketing, it is not the highest bidder who wins. Google also considers the quality score before ranking your ad.
Google ad networks
Google provides advertisers and businesses two networks, the display network, and the search. Search networks allow advertisers to bid for relevant keywords and display ads to users who enter such keywords on the search bar. The paid search results often appear on top and at the bottom of the page bearing a small icon next to the ad. The display network option allows the advertisers to display their banners on the websites part of the Google network.
Google Adwords system operates like a live auction where advertisers place bids to secure a position. Competition and price bid determines whether an advertiser gets the top rank or a lower one. The actual part of your ad is arrived at by multiplying the quality score by the maximum bid. Quality score is how well you have optimized your ad while the top offer is the amount to pay when viewers click on your ad. Google has a way of rewarding ads with discounted PPC cost and ranking them higher if they have useful content.
Using AdWords effectively
The following are the steps you must follow to use Google Adwords effectively:
- Be clear with your account goals, for example, what you are using Google ads for, is it for building a brand or for lead generation. The features of your account will be completely different if your ads are for lead generation than building your brand.
- Determine who your audience are, develop an audience persona, and narrow down to who your real customers are, learn what they do and what they are likely to search for on the search bar.
- Conduct keyword research using relevant tools and compare prices, cost, and the volume of the search.
- Structure your account into different ad campaigns and groups with relevant keywords and ads.
- After listing your keywords, place ads in the search results bidding for the keywords. If the competition for the keywords is high, the cost-per-click would be high. If that is the case, you would instead bid for long-tail keywords as long as they are relevant to the business.
- Design your ad copy in style and make sure to include compelling headlines, call-to-action phrases, and ad extension.
- Design a landing page with the benefits and features of services and products you are advertising. Use quality images and a precise call-to-action phrase.
- Track conversion rates on your website using Google Analytics code.
- Perform routine optimization and test all copies and landing pages for you to run a successful campaign.
Charges for AdWords
The charges vary according to the type of advert. Still, Google AdWords charges advertisers on a PPC model, therefore, advertisement is for free, but you only pay when the viewer clicks. Adwords systems use a live auction for keywords and therefore click prices may vary according to the competition for specific keywords.
Learn to effectively utilize Google Ads from https://www.edgeonline.com.au/google-ads/.